What does Exalead.com offer?
Exalead.com offers you new tools that allow you to find the information you seek on the Web quicker. Start your search from the search box found on the Exalead.com home page.
What is included in Exalead.com search?
The Exalead.com search engine currently offers two types of search:
- Web search: search the entire Web for information in different formats (web sites, Word documents, .pdf files, etc.)
- Image search: search for photographs, illustrations and icons from all over the Web.
Exalead.com also offers advanced search functionality. For further information, read Refine my search and Advanced search.
How does Exalead.com search work?
Below are the functions available on the Exalead.com search home page:
- Click on the Exalead logo from any page to return to the search engine home page.
- Click on "Log in" in order to log in to your account.
- To launch your search, enter keywords describing the information you are seeking, then click on the "Search" button or hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Quickly access your favorite sites by adding bookmarks.
- For better results, click "Advanced search". Here you can search by exact phrase, by language, by excluding terms, for a specific time period, etc.
- Click Preferences to edit your search preferences.
What's available on the Exalead.com search results page?
Below are the features available on the Exalead.com search results page:
- A title and description is displayed for each result. Click the title to visit the page or view the file.
- Add a bookmark on your personalized search home page to the resulting web page or file by clicking "Add to shortcuts".
- You can refine the results by selecting categories in the list on th left side.
What is "Refine your search"?
"Refine your search" is a panel offering options for narrowing your search so the results are more pertinent. It is directly accessible on the search results page. It is different from "Advanced search" in that you use it to refine an existing search. "Advanced search" gives you options for narrowing your search before you enter your initial search terms. For more information, consult the Refine your search page.
What are search preferences?
Search preferences are the personalized parameters that are applied each time you use Exalead.com to search the Web. If you wish to view or modify your search preferences, click on the "Preferences" link in the top right corner of the Exalead.com home and results pages. Your preferences are saved in your account.
You may choose the following preferences:
- Language of the interface: You have a choice of several languages for the Exalead.com interface.
- Search language: Our search engine includes sites from around the world. As such, it is possible to find among your results pages written in French, Japanese, English and other languages. If you wish to limit your search results to sites in which the content is written in a specific language, you may do so with the assistance of the "language" option.
- Adult content filtering: You can activate or deactivate filtering for adult content at any time from the Preferences page.
- Results posting preferences: The results posting preferences allow you to define the configuration most convenient for you. You may choose the number of results per page, modify the appearance of the results page, and even choose to have results open in a new browser window.
Why do I create my Exalead.com account?
An Exalead.com account gives you access to services such as accessing your favorites from any computer.